Monday, February 2, 2009

Interview Mistakes Response

I think that most of the mistakes mentioned in the list were pretty good. The point about not lying or giving false information seemed too obvious to me, but I guess it is a good one to follow. 

I have interviewed for many positions. I interviewed for some positions for high school jobs, and those weren't exactly the most rigorous. I think simply carrying myself well and trying to show that I was knowledgeable about the position was enough for me to get the jobs. In college I have interviewed for and been offered two internships and completed one of those internships. These interviews were of course more in depth and probably the kind of interviews that the article was talking about. These interviews were first acquired through interactions with employers at a career fair event. The inclusion of a resume was also involved and interviews were subsequently set up. 

For both of these interviews I made sure to research the companies beforehand so that I could sound knowledgeable and ask pertinent questions like the article said. I also tried to be honest and simply be myself and apparently it worked out. I don't mind interviews, and I would almost say that I enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment